Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Over the years

I have been a nanny for nine children. Not the same family, six different families. My shortest job was six months my longest was a little over eight years. Out of the nine children five were infant the youngest I started with was only two days old and the oldest infant I started with was eight weeks old. My other charges ranged from three years old to ten years old. I have learned a lot about myself and my profession taking care of all nine charges. Everyone always asked what age do you like best. I always said "all". Each year there so many changes they go through. I love them all. I do have a weakness for babies. I love there little toes and fingers. When they look to you help them through the day. Watching for new milestones everyday. What bliss. I have seen their first smiles, laughs, rolling over, crawling to first steps and first words. I remember the first time each of my charges said "I love you" I tear up just thinking about it. I can not wait until my son is able to say "I love you" I hope all my charges know how special they are to me and that I think of them everyday. Thanks to the parents for letting me be apart of these very special children's lives. An even bigger thank you to all my charges for letting me be a part of their lives. Love you all.

No comments: